1. In a MOOC you will meet so much interesting subjects and ideas for study. And that will cost so much time and energy.
2. You will end up with a list of new books and websites you really must read.
3. In a MOOC you will meet people will different views, and opinions, and that will cause uncertainty. Maybe you will have to review some of your views and opinions.
4. If you engage in a MOOC you will cross borders and enter the unknown, and you never know what that will bring you.
5. In a MOOC you will learn to use all kind of digital media, and that will cost time and energy. And after the MOOC you could even feel obliged to use these skills.
6. Learning to know the problems of other people could put your own problems in another perspective.
7. Joining a MOOC is contagious, once you start one MOOC you might become addicted.
8. MOOC-ing is a mass experience, if you do not find your way in chaos and abundance, you will get lost in the masses, masses of chances and opportunities.
9. Investing time and energy in a MOOC pays back, but the payment will be unexpected. You will be richer after the MOOC in some way.
10. You will go through a period of severe after-MOOC-shock when it is over.
11. You will discover the world out there is much bigger, you will never be the same because of that that broader overview.
12. You might even discover unknown parts of your Self, and that could be surprising!
13. You might try to publish your views and ideas, on which other people could ask weird and unexpected questions that will make you think.
14. A MOOC might cause severe uncertainty and strong emotions. In the first weeks of a MOOC you will feel alienated. And only if you go on trying you will discover the promised land of the MOOC.